Who are we?
Mojatu Foundation was registered as a charity, Charitable Incorporated Organization – CIO, with the Charity Commission in the England and Wales charity on 8th June 2016, Registration 1167557
To work directly with the communities we are supporting in providing accessible and relevant services, products and solutions that meet their needs
To transform communities by empowering them to source, access and use information
Our aims and objectives
we transform communities through media, ender equality ,health and training, We develop the capacity and skills and socially and economically disadvantaged and hard-to-reach groups, in particular but not exclusively women, girls and young people of African and Caribbean communities, in such a way that they are better able to identify, help and meet their needs and participate more fully in society
This is accomplished through
- Helping to eliminate discrimination on the grounds of race,gender,disability,sexual orientation or religion.
- Advancing education and enhancing skills through training, mentoring and other processes .
- Raising awareness in equality and diversity.
- Promoting activities to foster understanding between people from diverse background.
- Conducting Research on Equality and diversity issues and publishing the results to the public.
- Helping to raise awareness about the human rights to individuals especially among women children and people living with disabilities.
Our Core Values
In supporting our Communities ,including the sorcing and disseminating infomation, we uphold the following principles which underpin waht we stand for and how we work.
Integrity: We follow robust processes to check the credibility of our sources and ensure that our stories and news updates are factual and also treat all the people we work with, with dignity and respect.
Justice: At Mojatu , we seek equity and fairness for all. Our information channels will offer a voice for the voiceless and seek to influence society to create a more just social landscape.
Service: Mojatu Foundation exists to serve, to be an enabler for social cohesion and improvement of lives. To that end, we will devote our resources to meeting the needs of the people we work with.
Transparency: For an organisation dealing in information, we have found it imperative that we open our processes to stand up to scrutiny.